Monday, October 20, 2008

Halloween in Benson AZ

We are enjoying great weather here in Benson AZ. As you can see we are getting ready for Halloween. Carol has already begun playing a variety of games with the women that are here. Each day more people will be arriving and soon the park will be full and then Carol will have to start scheduling her games and other activities, and our time here will fly by fast.
The owner of the park has asked me to design a wood working shop for the use of residents here. He has in mind something like a high school wood shop would have but without a teacher. Coming up with a layout and list of equipment will be easy. The hard part will be how to manage, maintain, and control the use and miss-use of the facility. When he sees my concerns about safety and liability, this project will become very interesting. In the meantime I’ll be starting up our wood carving class again so you can see I’ll be keeping busy this winter. Also last spring when we were here, a couple of the guys and I talked about starting up a Trap shooting group. So this trip I brought a shotgun, and who knows we may end up shooting in the AZ State champion playoff come spring….In any case we will try not to let boredom to enter our life while we are here. LR

This is my "bad hair day"


Parked for the winter.


Decorated for Halloween.
Carol's little friends.


Carol's Graceland souvenir.